Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Haiku...am loving it..
Just two days and it feels like a century (theory of relativity :P )…oh my lovely lovely blog..I missed you a lot.. :(…never mind …I am back with a bang :D…Err HAIKU…ma new found love..oh pls..its not a chin-chaw guy’s name or so…it’s a chin chaw poetry though :P :P …to be precise it’s a Japanese form of poetry…and I am in love with it…(now you got it where was I missing ;)
Though I knew about haiku long back but read about it fully in Writer’s Lounge…another new love :D (Hope these don’t cost me given my exam due in next 3 months)...So what is actually Haiku??
A haiku is basically a 5-7-5 syllable something poetry...or say lines..coz they don’t rhyme, and seldom contain any of the poetic devices, it’s simple presentation of a thing, moment or person. One more quality of Haiku is Kigo, a seasonal word, as Haiku is traditionally based on nature, and the use of Kigo is somewhat customary.
Ugggggghhhhh…I am bad at explaining technical stuff...Read it on WL...and give the credit ( or debit :D) to Pretty Prats.
Restless and overexcited me..I tried my hands..Rather brains on Haiku too...First posted it on WL..and blame it on the damn good comments I got there that I am posting it in blog too…:)
Moving round in circle
Winter, summer, rain, autumn
-Nature on its class...
Well it took me some 10 minutes while engaging the other half of my brain in Ram’s silly conversation ;)..I must admit that I hate rules...But as exception dons over everything...I think I can have Haiku’s as exception. Some lovely points about Haiku...
1. It taught me the correct concept of Syllable ( :P literally, I knew what it was, but that was just for exams, it taught me the use of syllables…Yay!!)
2. I love nature and it somehow compliments my interest.
3. It’s exam friendly...No not English grammar or literature exams...Ma CA exams...I have to prepare for them…and hardly have any time left…sand is running down…HELP..In this case Haiku covers the least part of my time and is a boon for my craving to write something every other second (well, Li will love it, I am sure ;).
4. It gives a little rest to my injured index finger (sob, sob) I got hurt with safety pin on the same finger twice on two consecutive day *crying*, it hardly involves itself in typing :( :( ..Which is bad…really bad and painful :( :(
5. And i am in love with it...tops all B-)..
So till the next experiment of mine on Haiku…Stay tuned...Stay Blessed.
Allah Hafiz. :)
Penned by Anonymous when the clock ticked 9:09:00 PM